Saturday, October 07, 2006

Take a Bath


The first time I heard of Bath I was curious why it had a name like that. I was ignorant. I found out later it was a former Roman city in UK, which owes its origin and ultimately its name to the springs. It was also home to Jane Austen.

The people in Bath are a lot nicer and warmer than those in London. They even bother to cross the road to check if you needed help, when you look silly lost holding a map. The B&Bs are usually run by friendly old nannas who wrap their little tea pots with crocheted warmers and greet you with "Good morning DEAR!" with a chirpy manner that reminds you of storybooks you read. And they feed you really well - English breakfast is one of the best things in life.

I visited Bath twice but it was such a long time ago. I'd love to go there again and see what the Great Western Antique Market (see below) is like now.

*To get to Bath you go to London's Paddington Station (famous for its Paddington Bear story) to take a 2-hour ride train.


No comments: