Sunday, May 27, 2007

My first children's book illustration


In the midst of all the frenzy trying to finish a government's project and preparing for my trip to Annecy, I also managed to complete, quite miralculously, the work for a children's book my good friend, Hamzah, has written and invited me to illustrate.

It's been almost a year since we started work on it. Not that the book actually required such a long time to do, but it was our busy day schedules in our day jobs that held up the process. But Hamzah said it was all good, that we took our time instead of rushing it.

"Little Orange, A Perfect Day", will be out in the bookstores hopefully in June to catch the school holidays. A typical arrangement for any children's book. It's a simple book with a good intention. I hope it'll be well received by the kids and their folks. Otherwise, it's still a wonderful experience.


2 comments:

x u ★ n said...

to my dearest mian,

congrats on your first illustration book! i will definitely grab a copy of this book!

delighted!

-xuan

Anonymous said...

You write very well.