Monday, September 25, 2006

Why you do what you do?


A friend asked what made me do this (animation). Actually, i don't quite remember... one thing just led to another. Just like how I ended up in the fashion industry. Like a "natural progression". Stripe was initially just some loose drawings of a quirky character who tried very hard at everything. A Jack-of-all-trades. She believes every dream is possible. And it also helps that her personality is such that she doesn't get her nose out of joint so easily about anything people say. Stripe was created some 5 years ago, when I was spending a lot of time at my old shop, with my buddy, Melly. We shared a lot of our crazy ideas and antics so maybe all those talks and play had inspired the drawings and personality of Stripe and given the character a life of her own.

No comments: