Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ever Growing Clutter


If you compared this picture with that on the extreme left,
you can tell that more things have been added to my collection. Let me hightlight the new things - the lovely white storybook (from Switzerland), in front of those cute figurine pencils Peifen bought me. The print of LS Lowry's (my all time favorite artist) painting rested against the wall is a gift from my bro when he last visited London. And the other print hung above it is one I picked up from Puces Marche in Paris. The white with graphic lines porcelain ball is a paperweight from Australia my buddy Melly gave me. The unusual water bottle which resembles a perfume bottle is a welcome gift from Annecy Animation Festival. Together with the wooden box of crayons (in the foreground) which I bought for myself, these two items are the most representative of my trip to France in 2007. Lastly, the cute little "tweed" black and white coat on a torso was made by Diana, a very creative researcher and crafter for So Simple. I feel simply blissed out looking at these precious things everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ... the comment I placed earlier wasn't published successfully :(

but nvm, just want to ask if u could show the closed up pix of ur new stuffs :)

i had actually returned from 3D2N shanghai trip ... hoping to get some interesting wooden/tin toys. but no such shop in sight :(

Mian said...

hey Fiona, I'm sure you should be able to find those toys in Shanghai, but if you did your research first I guess. The close ups? Okay, when I get the chance to shoot them again. The ones I showed here are only a fraction. I'm a hoarder...haha