Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Good Way to Read

My buddy Melly and I have made a pact to try and read some of each other's favorite books. So she's going start "Crime and Punishment", a book I've been telling her about for a long time, while I've already begun "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte. Melly has read that book years ago and still calls it her all time favorite.

I have only made it to chapter five. Yet, I have a good feeling I will finish it. I like the style of writing and it's been a while I read a book with such refine English - "This is certainly, a beautiful country! In all England, I do not believe that I could have fixed on a situation so completely removed from the stir of society.", "... looking, meantime, in my face so sourly that I charitably conjectured he must have need of divine aid to digest his dinner..."

No comments: